04 March, 2015
Post By : David Lindner
We are finishing up the second module of “The Disciples Project,” and what better way to celebrate, than with an evening of worship and community! It’s especially fitting since we are finishing up talking about the church.
Why is it fitting? The church had a habit of eating together, sharing things with each other, praying together and being in awe together. This is what we want to do during this evening.
God has been at work in our SixEight body, and we want to make sure we are giving him the credit for it all. Without Him, none of us would be here. But, God has chosen to bless us, and we want to bless God with a night of worship.
What do we have to celebrate? SO MUCH!!!
- We had two people get baptized on Sunday!
- We have baptized 22 people in the last 19 months!
- In 2014, we gave out more than 486,000 pounds of food.
- We have seen consistent growth in all of our ministries – 2 years ago we had 2 kids in our kids min, now we average over 20; we had 6-8 students, now we average close to 30. As well as growth in Chasing Supermom and The Man Cave.
- In that 2 year period, we’ve nearly doubled in total size as a church.
It would be inappropriate for us to take credit for the work God has done and continues to do at SixEight. Why would God bless a church that takes credit for His work. Plus, we have a really amazing worship band!
So, will you join us this Sunday evening to give God the praise for what He is doing? Bring one dish to share, two if you are able. We will eat together at 5:00pm, then worship together at 6:00pm.
See you Sunday evening, March 8th, 2015 at 5:00pm.