17 July, 2013
Post By : David Lindner
I’ve been dreaming of what church could and should look like for quite some time now. Possibly my whole life. I can’t explain it, except that God has placed within me a burden and passion for this physical extension of His body on the earth.
I don’t want to get into a big church bashing oration, but I want us all to know that our church will be focused on reaching new people. Our church will be focused on the lost and we are willing to do whatever it takes to reach them.
I’m Dreaming of a Church…
- Where Jesus is exalted to the highest place.
- That is more concerned with reaching people than keeping people.
- That is willing to do the hard work of discipleship.
- Where every person who walks through the door feels welcomed, valued and respected.
- Full of people who understand Are the Church even when they’re not sitting in church.
- Where religious people feel uncomfortable and are challenged to step out of religion and into relationship.
- That is the most creative organization in the community.
- That reaches out to, cares for and serves the community.
- That is overly generous with what God has blessed them with.
- That is committed to taking the scales of injustice and balancing them.
- That is devoted to unconditionally and compassionately loving all people.
- That walks humbly with a gracious God who didn’t have to love us.
Those are just a few things I’m dreaming of for our church. Will you dream and pray with me?