Your mission for this week is to come up with your Sun Stand Still Prayer and share it with us. It really is that simple. Come up with your Sun Stand Still prayer and then share it with us by clicking here. And if you’re having problems coming up with your Sun Stand Still prayer, you can click here to read some steps to help you come up with it. You also might want to check out this site: http://www.sunstandstill.org/prayers to see some of the prayers others have come up with.
But, here’s the thing – if you never come up with your Sun Stand Still prayer, you’ll never start praying it. So, I suggest you take a few minutes and think through your life. Think for just a moment about that thing or things that seem impossible in your life. Whatever it is, it’s not too big for God.
You have to understand just how big God is. If God is big enough to change the course of the earth, or stop the sun or whatever scientific explanation there may be for the miracle that happened – then he’s big enough to help you through what you’re facing.
- Maybe you’re facing a financial mountain that you can’t possibly climb.
- Maybe your marriage is in trouble and you’ve done everything you can to fix it in your power.
- Maybe you have a son or daughter who has walked far away from God.
- Maybe you have a parent who is an alcoholic.
- Maybe you want to start praying for your future spouse.
- Maybe you want to pray to get into the right college.
- Maybe you need money and scholarships for college.
- Maybe you want to be a light of God’s love to your fellow students or co-workers.
- Or a thousand other things you could pray.
So, your mission for this week is to come up with your Sun Stand Still prayer and start praying it. Don’t put this one off. Don’t procrastinate on getting God involved in your situation. Don’t keep God on the outside when He designed you to function in complete submission and surrender to Him. Don’t be your own God. Let God be God. He’s a good God. And He’s big.