Tuesday: Testing By Questions
Luke 20:1 – One day as Jesus was teaching the people in the temple courts and proclaiming the good news, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, together with the elders, came up to him. 2 “Tell us by what authority you are doing these things,” they said. “Who gave you this authority?”
3 He replied, “I will also ask you a question. Tell me: 4 John’s baptism—was it from heaven, or of human origin?”
5 They discussed it among themselves and said, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will ask, ‘Why didn’t you believe him?’ 6 But if we say, ‘Of human origin,’ all the people will stone us, because they are persuaded that John was a prophet.”
7 So they answered, “We don’t know where it was from.”
8 Jesus said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.”
- Thank the Lord this morning for giving His Son as a sacrifice on our behalf and praise Jesus for coming to serve us our Savior and Servant-King.
- Pray that we would also live in submission to the Father’s will, taking the nature of a servant just as Christ did (Philippians 2:5-8; Galatians 2:20).
- Pray earnestly that God’s Kingdom would come on earth, that the reign of Christ would advance and that the Name of Jesus would be exalted around the world (Luke 22:29; Philippians 2:10-11; Revelation 11:17)
- Pray for that one person you are inviting. Ask that God would help guide the conversation so that an invitation to SixEight on Easter is a natural progression. Pray that God will help you answer any questions they might have about Jesus and the church.
- Pray for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ at SixEight. Ask God to prompt their hearts, minds and spirits with thoughts and ideas that naturally lead their conversation to be focused on Godly things.
- Matthew 21:23 – 23:39
- Mark 11:27-12:44
- Luke 20:1-21:4