23 March, 2016
Post By : David Lindner
Wednesday: Quiet Meditation/Judas agrees to betray Jesus
Luke 22:1 – Now the Festival of Unleavened Bread, called the Passover, was approaching, 2 and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some way to get rid of Jesus, for they were afraid of the people. 3 Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. 4 And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. 5 They were delighted and agreed to give him money. 6 He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present.
- Spend time praising Him for the shear reality that He alone deserves worship and honor (Psalm 147:1, 5, 12; Revelation 4:11).
- Pray that we would have courage to acknowledge Christ in an unbelieving world and that we would boldly live and proclaim the Gospel, regardless of the cost (Matthew 10:32- 33; Ephesians 6:18-20; Revelation 3:5).
- Ask God to enable us, by His Spirit, to invest our hope fully into His unfailing and steadfast love, that we would stand firm on the living hope that is ours in Christ (Psalm 147:11; 1 Peter 1:3-9)
- Pray that God will give you the ability to live out your faith in front of those who don’t believe. Ask that God gives you opportunities to let your life speak the hope of the gospel.
- Pray for your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ at SixEight. Ask that God will give them the chance to live out their faith in front of those who don’t yet believe as well.
- Matthew 24:25
- Mark 13
- Luke 21:5-36
- Matt 26:3-5
- Mark 14:12
- Luke 22:2
- Matthew 26:14-16
- Mark 14:10-11
- Luke 22:3-6