We love Christmas! LOVE IT! We start listening to Christmas music in October (Well, some of us listen to it all year long.) But, for some reason, we’ve never decorated the outside of our building for Christmas. What’s wrong with us?!? (We probably shouldn’t dig too deep into that question…)
Since we’re going to be decorating our building for Christmas, we thought, “Wouldn’t this be even more fun if we could drive down NW 9th Ave. and see every house lit up with Christmas lights?” So, we thought, why not put together a fun, friendly, neighborhood competition?
But, what would really motivate someone to participate? How about a generous donation of a 2-night stay at the “2 Landrise” house in Sunriver?! Yeah, that’s right! It’s a great house! (Even if you don’t win, you should go stay there sometime!) We’re also going to have a few other prizes for other top vote-getters!
Winners will be announced at our ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas Eve service, December 23rd at 6:00 pm, where we will also have a candlelight service along with free Christmas goodies.
There’s no cost to enter, just put up your Christmas lights!
- Participant agrees to have their decorations/lights turned on from 6pm-9pm on the following dates: Dec. 10th-12th, Dec. 17th-19th, and Dec. 24th.
- Participants will be given a number that must be displayed in their yards.
- This is for residential properties only.
- Participants must fill out the online registration and be okay with people driving slowly by their house.
- Homes are limited to winning once every 3 years.
- Participants must have a Vancouver, 98665 address to be eligible for the prize.
- Participants must live in the neighborhood, North of 78th St, South of 99th Street, West of Hazel Dell Ave and East of Lakeshore Ave.
- Participant recognizes that by submitting their application, their physical address (no name will be listed) will be posted on both an interactive map and paper map that will be distributed electronically and physically and shared on websites and social media pages.
- Entry forms must be received by December 10, 2021.
- Judging may take place on any of the dates specified above.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Grand Prize will be awarded for 1st place only.
- Winner’s decorations must remain up through December 24th, 2021.
- Houses decorated by paid professionals are not eligible.
- Grand-Prize Winner will receive a 2 nights stay at the “2 Landrise” house in SunRiver. (Subject to availability.)
- Other prizes (Gift cards and prizes from Hazel Dell Businesses) will be given out to other top recipients.
- Online entry form must be filled out to be entered for the Grand Prize